Monday, June 10, 2019

Review - I Will Teach You to Be Rich

Most personal finance books are annoying.  

Honestly - they are unrealistic mantras from folks who clawed their way out of debt by eating ramen every night...trying to teach you to sacrifice your life to save $100 a month.

Not that $100 a month isn't helpful, but strategies need to be realistic.

Enter...

Ramit Sethi

Ramit wrote a no-nonsense book called, I Will Teach You To Be Rich.

This book isn't rocket science, but the approach is refreshing.  Despite some tried and true lessons liek: reduce your credit debt, don't pay crazy fees for your bank, etc. the book also provides scripts to help you negotiate everything from your late fees to your salary. 

I wish I had this book in my 20s!

 

Suitcase full of money


My biggest take away was to consider changing banks from traditional banks, to online banks that offer significantly lower fees, higher interest rates and more convenience.

I like his approach about how living a richer life is different for everyone - to some being rich means having $5 lattes every day...to others it means driving a certain car or living in a certain neighborhood.

We only have one life...might as well make it a rich one.

~Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Aldi vs. Schnucks - some data

Aldi's vs. Schnucks   My husband and I work full-time. We have two kids and a very busy life. And expenses. Our goal is to find easy ...