Monday, August 29, 2016

Birthday Presents

We are so fortunate to have so many amazing friends. I love being able to celebrate birthdays with them. 

But...for every birthday party...there is a gift involved.  

And each $20 gift can get expensive - especially if you have four parties every two weeks!

So, if I was an organized person, I would buy 100 presents during Black Friday for different ages and spend $500 and know it will be less than the amount I would spend if I bough each one individually.  But I'm not that organized...plus my kids would totally find all those toys and open them. 

So here are my suggestions, besides having a public storage locker full of super sale toys.

1) Try target.  The end cap of target often has really cool toys on sale.  So for $12 vs. $25 you can get a really cool toy.

2) See if you can go in with a friend. You can get a better gift for $30.  You won't spend a ton less, but at least you'll get a cooler gift.

3) Consider a gift card for $12. If s/he ends up returning someone else's present, s/he will still get a cool gift. 

4) Consider a gift card to an ice cream shop or some sort of experience.  Personally, I think these are the best presents because your kid gets an experience, and you don't have to deal with the clutter and paper and crap a regular present would leave behind.

5) Consider making a donation in the kid's name.  This is probably right up there with giving a kid books for his or her birthday, but if the child is little enough, the parents might appreciate it. 

Happy birthday to you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Aldi vs. Schnucks - some data

Aldi's vs. Schnucks   My husband and I work full-time. We have two kids and a very busy life. And expenses. Our goal is to find easy ...