Thursday, August 4, 2016

Keeping elegant hair, without breaking the bank .

I love getting my hair done. My husband loves it when I get my hair done.  People are nicer to me when I get my hair done.  I feel like every woman says these exact words.

The issue with getting your hair did is that...what else would you expect from this blog?  It's expensive.  To get your hair done at a nice place is...expensive.

Jose Eber - probably one of the best salons out there charges a minimum of $125 for a haircut.  Some better salons in the midwest charge between $70 and $95 for an experienced person to cut your hair. 

The thing about a good haircut is, to grow your hair out properly, you need to have it cut properly.  

Salon Location Hair Cut Price
Jose Eber Beverly Hills $125+
Dominic Michael St. Louis $41-$95
Aveda Ethos St. Louis $35-$70
Great Clips St. Louis $16

So here is my thought.  Invest in a good haircut.  For the touchups, go to Fantastic Sams or Great Clips or one of those other $15-$20 places. 

Let's say you go to the expensive salon every other time for a haircut, substituting the cheap salon. You just saved $241 per year. Enough for a mini-family trip, or a new school wardrobe, or one very expensive night out.  If the cheaper salon messes up, the expensive salon will fix it.

Hair Cut Scenario  Average Haircut Price # times per year to get a haircut Cost per year
All High Salon  $           97 6  $                                   580
Half Cheap Salon $97/$16 3/3  $                             339.00
Two Expensive $97/$16 2/4  $                             258.00
Savings
Half Cheap Salon  $                                   241
Two Expensive  $                                   322
Another option, raised by a very good friend of mine with hard-to-cut hair, is to get your hair cut half as often as your stylist recommends. :) Thanks, friend, for pointing this out!!

Enjoy your sassy new look! And enjoy that extra money too. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Aldi vs. Schnucks - some data

Aldi's vs. Schnucks   My husband and I work full-time. We have two kids and a very busy life. And expenses. Our goal is to find easy ...