Monday, August 8, 2016

Affordable Eating Out

I am not the Martha Stewart of my group.

I do like to cook, and there are a few things I make well, but at least two times a week, I feel justified to eat dinner out.  Plus, I like to try new restaurants.

Now, to save money, I could try to avoid eating out.  But, I figure, since I'm going to eat out anyway, I might as well find a way to save money doing it.

The nights we eat out, I feel less stressed, feel like I can actually bond with my cuties. :) 

So, how do you eat out on a budget?

We take advantage of Kids Eat Free Night.  There are so many restaurants where kids eat free.  Usually the portions are so big that you can eat half of your adult entree, and save the rest for lunch tomorrow. So kids eat free one night and you get a free lunch the next night.

I like Chevy's deal, where you get TWO free kids meal with the purchase of an adult meal.

We usually pick one night, say this will be our night for the month, and go from there. If the kids are sick or we miss our night, we don't eat out again until the next time.

Here is a list of restaurants by day.  

Enjoy - bond with your cuties - and save some cashola! Sounds like a winning menu to me.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Aldi vs. Schnucks - some data

Aldi's vs. Schnucks   My husband and I work full-time. We have two kids and a very busy life. And expenses. Our goal is to find easy ...