Sunday, July 24, 2016

Shopping for backpacks

The new scholastic year.

I can't believe the summer is over.

It has gone by so fast!

Both kids trashed their backpacks this summer. I've vowed to have them keep their backpacks and not purchase a new one every year, but the zippers are so cheaply made, they no longer zip up and there are holes in the sides.  I've been holding off buying a new backpack until summer is over.  They will need a new backpack once school starts. You know, so pencils and homework don't fall out.

Every year I debate - should I use a 20% off coupon and shell out $40 for a high quality pottery barn backpack?  Or should I spend about $20 on a Target backpack that might lose a zipper half way through?

I've given it quite a bit of thought and decided it makes more sense to go the Target/Walmart route because...either way they will trash their backpack.

Initially, I was going to wait until my state's tax-free weekend (find your tax free weekend here ) to purchase, but Target has 10% of backpacks through July 30th, so I'm going to take advantage!

I've also seen pretty inexpensive backpacks on Zulily but I am often frustrated by the length of time it takes to receive purchases.

If you decide to purchase a new backpack online, don't forget to go to dealnews and other sites to look for coupons.  See my previous post on Coupon Tricks for additional tips to save as much as possible!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Aldi vs. Schnucks - some data

Aldi's vs. Schnucks   My husband and I work full-time. We have two kids and a very busy life. And expenses. Our goal is to find easy ...